Research, Policy & Advocacy
- Conduct research on competition and consumer protection regulation issues and trends.
- Identification of research areas, development of research proposals and execution of research studies.
- Keep abreast of competition and consumer protection trends at a local, regional and international level that could effectively inform the Commission about varied industry statistics, market information and specific scenarios of market analysis for benchmarking purposes.
- Carry out market inquiries, studies and surveys in order to identify and screen out market sectors prone to anti-competitive practices to inform investigations;
- Conducting research surveys
- Advocate for compliance with the COMESA Competition Regulations
- Coordinate stakeholders’ awareness and project implementation
- Implement effective education programs in order to ensure the exercise of stakeholder rights and obligations
- Study policies, procedures and programs of regulatory authorities and other similar -institutions in the Common Market so as to assess their effects on competition and consumer welfare and publicize the results of such studies.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of the Commission’s performance activities and reporting as appropriate.
- Liaise with other regulatory bodies and other public bodies in the Common Market in matters relating to competition and consumer welfare.