COMESA Competition Commission 10th Anniversary
This year, the CCC will commemorate its 10th Anniversary on 4-5 May in Malawi. The Commission intends to focus on investigating restrictive business practices that make it difficult for new companies to enter and establish themselves in a market. The CCC also intends to focus on investigating the causes of rising food prices and formulating recommendations on some actions to be undertaken to mitigate the situation. The Commission is in discussion with Consumer International, which is very active in investigating these kinds of issues.
The CCC focus will also be on understanding business conduct and models that frustrate trade between the COMESA Region Member States.
- Notice of Inquiry into the Proposed Acquisition of Network International Holdings Plc by BCP VI Neptune Bidco Holdings Limited
- Notice of Inquiry into the Merger involving Ukheshe International Limited and EFT Corporation Limited
- Notice of Inquiry into the Proposed Acquisition of Control by ME Grain Logistics Holding Ltd over Nile Stevedoring and Storage Company S.A.E.
- Notice of Inquiry into the Proposed Acquisition by Africa Telecom Infrastructure Services of NETIS Holding Limited
- Notice of Inquiry into the Proposed acquisition of up to 100% of the total issued share capital of Compagnie Générale De Banque (Cogebanque) PLC by Equity Group Holdings Plc